The following page you're looking at on Cartoon Network's Regular Show Wiki is part of unofficial content. This has to do with either a pilot, an earlier concept of the show, or anything else related to unofficial content. Read at your OWN risk!
|"The Naive Man from Lolliland"|
|Directed by:||J.G. Quintel|
"2 in the AM PM"
The Naive Man from Lolliland is a student short created by J.G. Quintel.
It starts out with the naive man from lolliland at a restaurant reading the newspaper, with him on the front page saying "AMBASSADOR FROM LOLLILAND VISITS THE UNITED STATES FOR THE FIRST TIME".
A waiter comes up and says he'll be back in a second and the Lolliland man starts organizing the bill with Lolliland currency. He then gives the waiter his money, and when the waiter looks at the lollipops, he gets mad at the Lolliland Man.
The Lolliland Man then argues with the waiter and manager, saying that it's more than enough. Then tries to leave, but walks into the chef, who says, "He's not finished talking to you yet." so he gets pushed down and is told to pay up, but gets an idea. He goes to get his billfold and whacks the waiter on the head with a chair.
After being beaten by the manager and the chef, he then crawls out of the restaurant, gets into a taxi, and tells his taxi driver Benson, to drive him away from this horrid place (referring to the United States). The taxi then flies away into the sky, with the lolliland man saying "Goodbye, United States. I hope one day... we can become friends," ending the film.
- Lolliland Man (proto-Pops)
- The Waiter
- Benson (chauffeur)
- The Manager
- The Employee
- The Chef
- Events from this short are shown in "A Regular Epic Final Battle".
Pop Culture References
- The car is seen disappearing, and then a set of flaming tire tracks appear in the sky, referencing the Back to the Future franchise.
- This short aired on Channel Frederator, Frederator Studios' weekly cartoon podcast.
- Sam Marin voices all of the characters in this short. He would later on become the voice of Benson, Pops and Muscle Man in the actual show.
- This short was made available as an extra for the Regular Show Season 1 + 2 DVD and Blu-ray Disc, albeit, censored by muting the one instance of "Hell" and no music at the end.
- This short was one of the winners in the 2005 season of The Nicktoons Film Festival.
- For a few seconds after the car takes off into the air, the car is shown with no wheels, but grows them later.