"The Key to the Universe" is the twenty-first episode in Season 8 (and two hundred and thirty-eighth overall) of Regular Show. It aired on November 10, 2016.
The guys learn about Pops' true origins and Pops begins his training with Earl to become the Chosen One and fight Anti-Pops.
- Muscle Man
- Hi Five Ghost
- Anti-Pops (vision)
- Huge Head (cameo, skeleton)
- It's revealed that Pops sleeps in an old shed in Park after his bedroom became the control room in "Cool Bro Bots."
- This continues from the previous episode, "The Ice Tape".
- When Pops is fleeing through the Park he passes by Huge Head who is still stuck in the same position from the end of "Men in Uniform", it is revealed that Huge Head has died, leaving behind a giant skull.
- Rigby wanted Pops to shoot fire from his hands when he trains with Earl, which is ironically shown in the next episode "No Train No Gain".
Pop Cultural References
- The Death Star from the Star Wars franchise makes a cameo as Pops' fist crashes through planets in the flashback.
- This is the first time that the 2016 Cartoon Network Productions logo is added in Regular Show, which serves as a successor to the 1999 one.
- This also marks the first appearance of the 2016 Cartoon Network Productions logo in a Cartoon Network show.