| This article is under the scope of the Episode Cleanup Project and has yet to be cleaned up to a higher standard of quality. It may contain errors, spelling, grammar and structure issues, or inconsistent formats. Reader's discretion is advised until fixing is done.|
You can help clean up this page by correcting spelling and grammar, removing factual errors and rewriting sections to ensure they are clear and concise, and moving some elements when appropriate.
|"The Best Burger in the World"|
|Season 3, Episode 21|
|Premiere date:|| April 9, 2012 (USA)
November 5, 2012 (UK)
|Directed by:||Mike Roth|
"The Best Burger in the World" is the twenty-first episode in Season 3 (and sixty-first episode overall) of Regular Show. It first aired on April 9, 2012.
Mordecai and Rigby use holograms to fool Benson into thinking they are working so they can eat 'The Best Burger in the World'.
Mordecai, Rigby, Muscle Man, Hi Five Ghost, Skips and Pops are sitting on the front steps of the house excitedly discussing the Grill 'Em Up Truck and its 'best burger in the world', also called the Ulti-Meatum, then Benson pulls up on a golf cart and gives everyone a list of work to do before they can get their burger. Benson tells Mordecai and Rigby that they have to mow the lawn on the frisbee field, tidy up the tool shed, finish picking up the trash on the north end of the park, rake the leaves, scrub both the restrooms and make sure there's enough soap in the dispensers, and clean out Skips' garage. As usual, Mordecai and Rigby had slacked off the previous week and left a large amount of work that was undone. Benson says that if Mordecai and Rigby don't finish all their work, they won’t get a burger.
After several attempts to get a burger whilst working to be caught by Benson, Mordecai and Rigby are desperate to get an Ulti-Meatum. They resort to asking the group to buy them a burger, only to be told by Skips that the truck serves one burger per customer. Seeing the group each rave about the burger, Mordecai and Rigby become disappointed that their prospects of getting one are minimal. Shortly, Benson pulls up and finds the two not working. He assigns them to cleaning up Skips' garage and putting Pops' possessions into storage.
Mordecai and Rigby are frustrated and tired from cleaning the garage, but press on for the Ulti-Meatum. During the cleaning, they find a large object covered by a shee, and uncover it to find that it is a Hologram 9000. Rigby quickly suggests that they make holograms to trick Benson into thinking that they are working, but Mordecai disagrees citing that they are almost done and it says it can kill you. Suddenly, the truck announces the last call for burgers, and Mordecai changes his mind.
Rigby enters the machine and Mordecai sets the Hologram 9000 to Extremely Realistic, the highest setting. A Hologram-Rigby and Hologram-Mordecai are created but are completely still with odd expressions and poses. Mordecai and Rigby set them up so that it looks as if they are working and wait to see if Benson falls for it. Benson shortly drives by and speaks to the Hologram-Rigby and Hologram-Mordecai as if they are the real Rigby and Mordecai.
Mordecai and Rigby run to the Grill 'Em Up Truck to order their burgers from the head chef Ajay Maldonaldo. As the chef cooks the burgers, Benson makes another couple of visits to the Hologram-Mordecai and Hologram-Rigby. He becomes suspicious when he notices that on every visit they are standing in the same positions and do not answer his questions. Benson approaches the two holograms and pushes them both over to realise that Mordecai and Rigby have gone to get burgers. In a rage, Benson drives away. The holograms look at each other, the first movement they make since being created.
The burgers are still cooking when Benson suddenly drives towards Mordecai and Rigby. The burgers finish and the chef comments that they are getting the last two burgers in a centennium. When Mordecai and Rigby reach for the burgers, their hands are slapped aside by their hologram counterparts. Mordecai, Rigby, and Benson fight with Hologram-Mordecai and Hologram-Rigby but are defeated easily. Rigby picks up a rock and throws it at Hologram-Rigby, shattering a hole in him. Realizing that their only way of defeating the holograms, Mordecai and Rigby begin pelting the holograms with rocks.
Finally, Rigby takes the wheel stopper from the Grill 'Em Up Truck, causing it to roll downhill. He and Mordecai throw it at Hologram-Rigby and Hologram-Mordecai, shattering them to pieces. They voice their excitement to finally eat the burgers, but turn to see Benson eating them. They speechlessly watch Benson finish the burgers and mockingly sympathize with them. Benson pulls away and Mordecai suggests they try to get more burgers, but they turn to see the truck is gone. Meanwhile, the truck rolls downhill into the Crash Pit with both the chef and server inside and explodes.
- The title may be a reference to the episode "The Best VHS in the World".
- Many fans consider this to be one of the worst episodes, due to Benson's behavior.
- When Benson was taking Mordecai and Rigby back to raking leaves, Mordecai and Rigby appear to be levitating in the cart.
- When Mordecai and Rigby see the Grill 'Em Up Truck in the frisbee court, there is a road where it is but when we see the panoramic view of Mordecai and Rigby running, the truck and the road are gone.
- Mordecai's hologram had its eyes closed, but when Benson pokes it and it falls on the ground, its eyes are open.
- When Benson appears in the window, he looks chubby and he has the same size as the window frame.
- The holograms shouldn't be able to hold or eat the Ulti-meatums since they are inside the glass.
- When Mordecai looks out the shed window, the truck's serving table is out. When Benson appears, the truck is reversed and the serving stand is gone.
- Skips or the others could've gotten a burger for Mordecai and Rigby. They could've said it was for another person.
- Unexplainably, the holograms reached Mordecai and Rigby before Benson could.
- Benson even started driving towards the truck just before the holograms awoke and looked at each other.
- The third season episode, Bad Kiss, reveals that Mordecai and Rigby have a time machine. They could have used that to go back in time and seize their chance to eat an Ulti-Meatum instead of breaking it.
- During one scene of Mordecai and Rigby cleaning to eat burgers, Rigby has no tail.