| This article is under the scope of the Episode Cleanup Project and has yet to be cleaned up to a higher standard of quality. It may contain errors, spelling, grammar and structure issues, or inconsistent formats. Reader's discretion is advised until fixing is done.|
You can help clean up this page by correcting spelling and grammar, removing factual errors and rewriting sections to ensure they are clear and concise, and moving some elements when appropriate.
Mordecai, Rigby and the other groundskeepers tell each other scary stories. The episode features three shorts:
"Creepy Doll": Pops finds an old doll from his youth that wants to draw on his face.
"In the House": Rigby is turned into a house after he eggs the house of a wizard on Halloween.
Mordecai and Rigby are helping Pops with cleaning his room, telling him what things he should keep and other things he should trash. When they stumble onto a shoebox, they open it and find out it is a waxed doll. Pops recognizes it as Percy, his favorite toy from his childhood. Mordecai and Rigby are instantly creeped out by the doll after Pops demonstrates one of Percy's phrases (I'm gonna draw on your face) and insist that Pops should throw it away. Pops agrees once the duo state that, "it's not cool to play with dolls."
The next day, Mordecai and Rigby find Pops on the playground swing with black markers all over his face. Pops then gleefully tells the duo of his "play date" with Percy. Rigby reminds Pops that he was supposed to throw Percy away, but Pops states that he tried already and it didn't work. Thinking that Pops isn't trying to throw away the doll himself, Mordecai and Rigby decide to do it for him.
Back at the house, Mordecai and Rigby hear a commotion coming from upstairs, and immediately interpret it as Pops throwing a fit over Percy being gone. When the noises continue, the duo decides to investigate and find Percy harshly throwing Pops' tea set at him and having a constant desire to mark on Pops' face. Mordecai busts through the door and temporarily subdue Percy before the doll rushes out of the room. The trio decides to pursue Percy and stop him.
The three hear Percy running through the basement, and head down there with a baseball bat. But at the moment, Percy knocks Mordecai and Rigby unconscious with a shovel, leaving Pops to fight Percy. The doll attempts to get Pops to hand him the marker, which Pops grabbed from him after their earlier struggle. Pops is then left to face his fears, and go against Percy. The doll then charges but is stopped when Pops kicks him into a nearby furnace where Percy burns to death. Pops then checks on Mordecai and Rigby who regain consciousness and are glad to see that Pops had gotten rid of Percy himself. Percy then jumps from the flames in a surprise attack but collapses as he being weakened down from the burns.
The scene cuts back to Pops who had just finished telling the story, Mordecai, Rigby, Skips, Muscle Man, and Hi Five Ghost displeased with Pops' not-so-scary tale. Pops remains oblivious to this fact, and states that Percy's scariest trait was his "unusual desire to mark on things." This leaves Muscle Man to claim that Pops' story was lame.
Death Metal Crash Pit
Muscle Man and Hi Five Ghost begin by walking back to their RV and are then caught in a fog. Muscle Man then trips over a rock in the fog, frustrated Muscle Man throws the rock and hears a noise believing he hit his RV and rushes to see that it is a different RV.
Muscle Man and Hi-Five Ghost then get an idea by sending the RV to the crash pit. Muscle Man then contacts Scottie to get a group of people to see the RV hit the crash pit. Next, Muscle Man attempts to open the door but has difficulty opening it, then opens the door and could see ghosts coming out causing Hi-Five Ghost to said: "What was that?" Muscle Man replies saying "It's probably just the wind." They then enter the RV, go to the driver's seat, find the keys and turn on the RV. While driving, they begin to see three ghosts appear right where they stand.
The ghosts then grab Hi-Five Ghost and Muscle Man and then asks them who they are. The ghosts explain that they are an 80's metal rock band called Skull Punch and are furious at Muscle Man for trying to crash their resting place into the crash pit. However, Muscle Man decides to take action and headbutts one of the members (not before saying his "My mom" jokes in the process) and kicks him. He then proceeds to help Hi-Five Ghost but is punched in the face and grabbed again. Muscle Man then begins by apologizing to the group to never bother them again. However, the leader says it's too late and he is going to see the crash pit with him and Hi-Five Ghost, still in the RV.
Desperate to think, Muscle Man then says they need to put a show before crashing the RV, otherwise, the people will call them lame. Hearing this, the lead member decides to put a show for the audience but they're being jeered at. Muscle Man dislikes their music so much that he gets into their RV to crash it.
He then sees a cinder block and then throws it at the acceleration pedal causing the RV along with Skull Punch to fall down the pit and are killed followed along by a nuke that also kills the audience. Muscle Man and Hi-Five Ghost are then seen ascending from the crash pit while Muscle Man is glad that the terrible music has finally ended and then realizes he is now a ghost as well and is disappointed, but he tells Hi-Five Ghost that it was the best crash pit ever.
In the House
It's Halloween night and Mordecai is dressed as a dad with his 5 fake children, a scam to get a buttload of candy. After being caught red-handed by one woman, he quickly flees the scene. Rigby, dressed as a robber, then comes out of the bushes trying to trick or treat, but horrifies the woman. Mordecai wants to turn in for the night until the two approaches an ancient and creepy house; Rigby wants this to be his last house.
Rigby goes to the house, knocks at the door when the porch light on the house shuts off. Rigby, enraged, eggs the house against Mordecai's warnings. The house turns out to be owned by a vengeful wizard, who comes out of the house and puts a curse on Rigby. The next day, Rigby is nervous about what that wizard did to him. Then, weird things start happening to him. He suddenly grows a house number plaque, as well as a doorknob, on his chest and his tail transforms into a chimney. As he and Mordecai exit the house, Rigby starts inflating, thus immobilizing him.
Mordecai goes to send Rigby's apologies to the wizard. But once again, he acts like he is not home. At the park, Rigby is transformed fully into a house. While the gang is inside, the phone rings and the wizard states that the transformation is just the beginning of Rigby's punishment. Benson interrupts him, and the wizard vows that all the park's employees will pay just as much as Rigby will. Everyone takes refuge inside the Rigby-house, and they all lie in wait, with each one of them holding a different weapon. Muscle Man is on the porch when a black car drives up. The door opens, but no one emerges.
Muscle Man is taunted and pulled into the woods by an unseen force, his shotgun blasts lighting up the night as he is dragged away. He comes back inside but has been skinned alive. The disconnected phone rings, and Hi Five Ghost picks it up despite everyone's warnings, and is sucked into the phone, liquified, and sprayed out of the speaker. The Wizard, still unable to be seen, throws Mordecai against a bookshelf, knocking him unconscious. Then, he breaks Skips' crossbow. He then pushes Skips up into the fireplace and shoots the flame up after him, incinerating him. Benson is found in the bathroom, he screamed and drowned when flushed down the toilet. Pops is standing on the bed in his room, and is pulled into a dresser, which then disappears. Mordecai is the last one left of the group and readies himself to defend, but is decapitated by an unseen force. Rigby, in the form of a house, is the only one left.
The Wizard then teaches Rigby a lesson by egging him, to Rigby's surprise, and finishes him off by cracking a giant egg on him, crushing and drowning him.
In the end, it turns out it was just a made-up story by Rigby. Muscle Man is disappointed, and Rigby responds that it isn't over, and Rigby then turns out to be the wizard in disguise. Everyone screams as the Wizard rushes towards the screen and says, "Happy Halloween," leaving everyone's fate unknown.
- Muscle Man
- Hi Five Ghost
- Skull Punch
- Halloween Wizard
- Police Officer
- Eileen (Cameo, Pictured)
- This episode contains three shorts, and it's the first half-hour episode of the series.
- This is the first half-hour Halloween special of the series.
- It is revealed that the park has a giant hole where Muscle Man and Hi Five Ghost wreck cars in, which they call the Crash Pit. However, it wasn't proven to exist until "The Best Burger in the World."
- A picture of Eileen is revealed to be inside of the house after Rigby turned into it on the third short. Implying he have feelings for her but don't like to show it as of this point in the show.
- Mordecai does the the same fart trick to Rigby that J.Q. Quintel did in the pilot short "2 in the AM PM."
- Five sequels followed this episode annually every season, until the show ended in Season 8.
- Skull Punch have a cameo in "Exit 9B" and scenes from this episode are seen in "Exit 9B" and "Meet the Seer".
Pop Culture References
- The franchise this episode creates is a parody of The Simpsons' "Treehouse Of Horror" Halloween series.
- "Creepy Doll" is a reference to the 1988 film Child's Play.
- "In the House" is a reference to The Evil Dead franchise.
- When Muscle Man was skinned alive by the Halloween Wizard, his body accurately resembles the Colossus Titan from the anime Attack on Titan.
- Outside of on television, the stories are reversed. First "In the House", then "Creepy Doll" and "Death Metal Crash Pit", and no Halloween Special intro occurs. The full special is only aired in order around Halloween. During other times of the year, "In the House" airs as a separate episode from "Creepy Doll" and "Death Metal Crash Pit" and vice versa.
- This episode received almost two million views worldwide.
- Harold (the lead singer of Death Punch) sometimes has his teeth coloured the same as his skin. They are shown as white in other frames though.
- Albeit in a story, Rigby is shown to be able to eat raw eggs with no trouble. However, "Eggscellent" shows that he is allergic to fully cooked omelettes.
Death Metal Crash Pit
- "Do you know who else likes to get headbutted in the face?" was changed to "Do you know who else likes to get roundhouse-kicked in the face?"
In the House
- The loud gunshots that come after Muscle Man getting dragged away were cut.
- Muscle Man entering Rigby's house without any skin was cut.
- Hi Five Ghost's ectoplasm spraying over Mordecai and Skips was cut, along with Benson's reaction.
- Mordecai getting thrown into a bookshelf was cut.
- "Show yourself! Bad show, very bad show!" was cut.
- Mordecai getting up from the bookshelf was cut.