| This article is under the scope of the Character Cleanup Project and has yet to be cleaned up to a higher standard of quality. It may contain errors, spelling, grammar and structure issues, or inconsistent formats. Reader's discretion is advised until fixing is done.|
You can help clean up this page by correcting spelling and grammar, removing factual errors and rewriting sections to ensure they are clear and concise, and moving some elements when appropriate.
This is a page about the character, for the song, see Starla (song).
Starla Gutsmandottir-Sorrenstein, also known as Muscle Woman, is a recurring character in Regular Show. She made her debut in the episode Muscle Woman as the main antagonist. She works at Icy & Hot Jewelry Apparel and she is married to Muscle Man.
Starla was first introduced as Muscle Man's ex-girlfriend. When first meeting Mordecai, she began to develop a crush on him. As indicated by a tattoo on her lower back, she also dated two other boys (excluding Muscle Man). When Mordecai broke up with her (after briefly dating her), she became extremely angry and destroyed everything in her path, including a helicopter. After being calmed down by Muscle Man, they rekindled their relationship.
It is shown that Muscle Man and Starla went to high school together where they have dated for a short amount of time.
Starla is a green humanoid with shoulder-length brown hair that is half down and half tied into two pigtail. She is about Muscle Man's build and is very similar in appearance. She typically wears a plain white long sleeved shirt in which her stomach hangs out of, a bluish-purple skirt, and a pair of black shoes. She has only dressed up differently on a few occasions, such as when her, Muscle Man, and her parents had dinner at Bistro en le Parc, and when she went rollerskating with Muscle Man in Bald Spot. As a teenager, she was shown to have been much skinnier and sported a different hairstyle. It is unknown how she acquired her green complexion. She is 4'9" although during the high school flashbacks she looks taller than she is now.
During the 25 year park reunion, she wears a purple dress, and her hair is still in two pigtails, only most of it is tied up instead of being half down and half up, and her bangs are styled different.
Starla's personality can best be described as tough-as-nails. She will do almost anything to get revenge on someone who wrongs her and will gladly fight for her boyfriend, Muscle Man. Although she is often given more protagonistic appearances, she sometimes can be an antagonist as well. She practically destroyed the entire park in an attempt to get revenge on Mordecai for dumping her in "Muscle Woman", and she mercilessly broke Mordecai and Rigby's bones in a mud wrestling match in "Tent Trouble". Despite these two instances, however, she is often seen helping somebody out (Specifically Muscle Man). She willingly helps her boyfriend fight a bunch of evil waiters in "Fancy Restaurant", and she even encouraged him to win a hot dog eating contest against Death in "Last Meal". Also, despite being angry with him before, she now seems to be on good terms with Mordecai.
- "Muscle Woman" (debut)
Minor (or Mentioned) Appearances
- Pie Contest
- "The Christmas Special" (non-speaking cameo)
- "Do or Diaper"
- "K.I.L.I.T. Radio"
- "Sleep Fighter"
- "Laundry Woes" (non-speaking cameo)
- "Every Meat Burritos" (non-speaking cameo)
- "Terror Tales of the Park III"
- "Tants" (cameo)
- "Power Tower" (mentioned)
- "The Thanksgiving Special" (non-speaking cameo)
- "I Like You Hi" (mentioned)
- "Expert or Liar" (mentioned)
- "Skips in the Saddle" (mentioned)
- One Space Day at a Time (Mentioned/Probably TBA)
- Meet the Seer (on security camera)
- A Regular Epic Final Battle (non-speaking cameo)
Overall: 29 Appearances
Starla and Muscle Man's first relationship went on for a while. In "Trucker Hall of Fame," it is shown that their relationship went back from High School, since they were prom dates. They ended up taking a break from each other for an unknown time. They began dating again, only for Starla to break up with Muscle Man once again due to the fact that he wouldn't show his feelings. After he finally complied to her wishes, they returned to each other and are currently in a strong and unbreakable relationship.
In "The End of Muscle Man", Muscle Man asks Starla to marry him. She agrees while telling Muscle Man that she doesn't want him to change who he is.
In "Married and Broke", she and Muscle Man win a free wedding. It is assumed they are about to be a married couple.
In "Dumped at the Altar" she and Muscle Man get married.
In the end of "A Regular Epic Final Battle", they finally have their first daughter. 25 years later, they have more than one child.
Starla's third former "boyfriend". However, Mordecai did not want to be in a relationship with her, as he only wanted to get Starla and Muscle Man back together. Despite wanting to kill him, Mordecai and Starla seem to be on good terms with each other now.
Starla has once dated an unseen guy named Steve, as hinted from her tattoo. It is unknown why they broke up.
Starla is good friends with both of them, as seen in "The Longest Weekend".
Peggy is Starla's sister, and they both work as professional mud wrestlers. They even have their own move called the "Sister Twister".
- She has a sister named Peggy, who was originally named Ana.
- She bares a strong resemblance to Muscle Man.
- As seen on her lower back tattoo, she has dated and broken up with Muscle Man twice.
- It is mentioned in "Weekend at Benson's" that she enjoys jazz music.
- She once dated an unseen guy named Steve, as seen on her tattoo.
- Part of Starla's last name makes a reference to the name Guts Man, one of Dr. Light's robots from the Mega Man series.
- Starla‘s last name also makes a reference to icelandic singer Björk Guðmundsdóttir, best known as Björk. Starla‘s father has the same last name even when according to icelandic name rules the suffix -dottir are for women.
- In the episode "Tent Trouble," it is revealed that Starla, along with her sister Peggy are a professional mud wrestler.
- As of "The End of Muscle Man", she is engaged with Muscle Man. They were eventually married in "Dumped at the Altar".
- In "A Regular Epic Final Battle", Starla approached Muscle Man upon his return to Earth with a daughter hinting that she may have been pregnant when Muscle Man was in space.