| This article is under the scope of the Episode Cleanup Project and has yet to be cleaned up to a higher standard of quality. It may contain errors, spelling, grammar and structure issues, or inconsistent formats. Reader's discretion is advised until fixing is done.|
You can help clean up this page by correcting spelling and grammar, removing factual errors and rewriting sections to ensure they are clear and concise, and moving some elements when appropriate.
|"Out of Commission"|
|Season 3, Episode 31|
|Premiere date:|| June 25, 2012 (USA)
February 19, 2013 (UK)
|Directed by:||John Infantino (supervising director)|
"Trucker Hall of Fame"
"Out of Commission" is the thirty-first episode in Season 3 (and seventy-first episode overall) of Regular Show. It first aired on June 25, 2012.
Mordecai and Rigby must ditch the park cart when Benson gets a high-tech replacement, but they accidentally bring the cart to life while on the way.
Mordecai and Rigby are driving the cart through The Park with manure in the back, and even with all their efforts, they show up late. Benson tells them to ditch the old cart because the month had earned enough money to get the Smärten Kärten, replacing the old cart. Mordecai and Rigby then are trying to defend the old cart, but it is way too much work and money.
They tell it one last goodbye, then followed by drinking a lot of energy drinks. One of the energy drinks spills on the engine, causing the cart to spring to life. Then Cart talks about his sad, miserable life. Mordecai and Rigby feel sorry for his, so they decide to let him do a couple things before he goes. He ends up going for a couple more things to do, including a trip to a car wash, and ends up getting into a fight in a "Family Restaurant" where everything is in quotes.
The duo then find out that Cart wants a final wish, where he wants to jump off a cliff with fireworks from a third world country on his back. They grant his wish, and they say that was the coolest thing they ever did. Then, Benson called them and told them that he forgot to carry a zero and can't afford the new cart. He also mentioned that the seat warmer caused third degree burns on 70% of Muscle Man's butt. He said he wants the old cart back, and that it wasn't bad after all. Mordecai tells Rigby they have to dive in the water to get Cart out, and it ends the episode.
- Muscle Man
- Hi Five Ghost
- Benson's Dog (mentioned)
- Family Restaurant Patrons
- "Guten Tag" means "Hello", and "Smarten Karten" means "Smart cards".
- Rigby mentions about the time they took Benson's Dog out for a walk then they took the dog the cheezer's and it ran away. A flashback of the incident was shown in Blind Trust
Pop Culture References
- The scene where Mordecai and Rigby sit in the cart near the airport is a reference to Wayne's World where a similar scene is shown.
- "Smarten Karten" has diaeresis in both the As, but in german it doesn't really have diaeresis.
- There are shown to be two carts at the park at times. However in this episode all the characters act like there's only one.