| This article is under the scope of the Episode Cleanup Project and has yet to be cleaned up to a higher standard of quality. It may contain errors, spelling, grammar and structure issues, or inconsistent formats. Reader's discretion is advised until fixing is done.|
You can help clean up this page by correcting spelling and grammar, removing factual errors and rewriting sections to ensure they are clear and concise, and moving some elements when appropriate.
|"One Pull Up"|
|Season 4, Episode 8|
|Premiere date:|| November 26, 2012 (US)|
September 30, 2013 (UK)
"The Christmas Special"
"One Pull Up" is the eighth episode in Season 4 (and eighty-seventh overall) of Regular Show. It first aired on November 26, 2012.
Eileen trains Rigby to preform a single pull-up for the park fitness test before the week is up.
Benson announces that the government has made a new fitness test that everyone needs to pass. The test seems easy at first, but then comes the pull-up bar. Everyone can do a pull-up except Rigby. After Rigby has failed, Benson declared that Rigby has a week to do a pull-up or he will be fired for physical inadequacy. At the coffee shop, Eileen says she was on the high school pep squad and can train Rigby. After serious training, Rigby still can't do one pull up so he runs out of the coffee shop. After that, he walks by a store and sees a commercial. The commercial has a product called "The Russian" as it states that it uses electrotherapy to build muscles and Rigby buys it. Back at the house, the instructions states to not put it more than 10 minutes a day but Rigby sets it on 11 then eats a bag of chips before drifting into slumber. In the morning, Eileen checks on Rigby only to find him in the house with huge muscles. Rigby is awed at first, but can't move his big muscles as they're too heavy and will anything they come in contact with. Eileen and Rigby come up with a solution by Rigby using his fists to walk and Rigby makes it to the pull-up bar. As Rigby climbs up to the bar, the bar cracks the ground and Rigby falls through the hole. As Eileen states that he has 15 seconds left, Rigby briefly climbs up and makes the pull-up. The final scene shows Rigby in a gurney looking tired. Eileen congratulates him. Rigby says that he wants to hug Eileen, but considers letting the muscles wear off so he doesn't hurt her. Eileen takes the risk anyway. They hug and a cracking sound is heard implied to be Eileen's spine, hurting her, but Eileen says it was worth it.
- This is the first episode where Eileen appears without Margaret.
- When Rigby is failing to pull himself up, Muscle Man imitates the losing horns from "The Price is Right".
- The scene where Rigby trains with Eileen heavily references the Rocky movie series. Similarly to the Rocky movies it features training montage of Rigby and Eileen performing various exercises. The track that plays seems to be inspired by “Gonna Fly Now“ by Bill Conti, the main theme of Rocky. Rigby even wears a costume that looks identical to one that Rocky wears.
- The ground starts cracking when Rigby climbs the pull-up bar, but in the next scene, the cracks are gone.
- In "Eggscellent" it was revealed that Rigby is allergic to eggs and went into a coma after eating them. However in this episode, there is one scene where Rigby ate eggs and nothing happened to him.