"Men in Uniform" is the twenty-second episode in Season 6 (and one-hundred and seventy fifth episode overall) of Regular Show. It first aired on March 26, 2015.
The guys want to keep the park open for business.
The episode starts off with Huge Head in the bushes of the park, plotting his revenge while spying on the Park Staff where Benson is setting up a table for Mr Maellard explaining that Maellard will be arriving to the park with an announcement. Maellard's limo then arrives crashing into the table. He exits quickly telling Benson to sit with the others as he explains that he is closing the park due to lack of visitors and points at Huge Head saying that the creep plotting against his son for four years doesn't count. He returns to his limo and is about to leave until Benson begs Maellard to give him a chance. Mr Maellard agrees saying he has one week to improve attendance at the park.
Inside the house of the park the gang is collaborating on ideas to get people to the park. Mordecai and Rigby suggest battle boats (bumper cars with boats) but Benson states that any idea is good no matter how silly it may seem, with the exception of battle boats.
Everyone is trying various ideas to attract visitors like attractions and concerts but their efforts were in vain as not a single person stayed long enough to enjoy the park. Even the turnstile that records the number of visitors arriving turned negative.
Back in the meeting room everyone is depressed at the prospect of being unemployed. HFG suggests updating their resumes to which Skips agrees but reconsiders it as a bad idea after looking at his profile and Benson says that they should end it with a bang and offers wings to everyone with his money. The guys are enjoying their wings and soda in a gazebo while everyone reminisces about the good times at the park, until everyone notices this is not their park, but East Pines. Gene already noticed them and asks them to leave but Muscle Man, in his wings induced intoxication, causes a ruckus so they are escorted out. As Benson is dragged out he notices that the East Pines employees have uniforms, something they don't have so Benson gets an idea.
Now with 12 hours until the deadline everyone sits in the computer room of the park mansion and starts creating custom uniforms while still eating their chicken wings. The next day multiple boxes arrive (each uniform is in a separate box) and HFG notices a warning but Rigby brushes it off; everyone puts on their uniforms, but since everyone put their ideas in the uniforms, they were incredibly ugly and tacky. Muscle Man can't help but take a picture of Rigby because he looks funny and sends it to his friend Scottie, who then shares it on the internet. Now all of a sudden, hundreds of people are coming to the park so they can gawk at their outfits. Things start to get out of hand, leading to them fleeing from the mob and taking the outfits off, putting them in one pile. but then the ugly clothing starts to glow.
Skips states that the clash of the colors and styles are causing a problem and all of a sudden it creates a black hole of ugliness that pulls in anything tacky, even people that are ugly in the inside. As it sucks in the ugliness of the park, the gang are trying to stop the black hole because Muscle Man is caught by its pull and is holding on to a tree for dear life. They attempt to fill it with dirt but nothing works. Muscle man yells at the gang stating he could plug the hole with his body but everyone tells him not to do it as they try to stop him. This was Huge Head's chance, he leaps from the bushes and grabs Pops. Muscle Man then lets go while everyone is frantic. Luckily Muscle Man bumps into Huge Head sending him into the black hole of ugliness,
The next day the park is revealed to be back in business with Maellard telling the Staff that he will keep it open for many years to come. Benson thanks Maellard stating that the park has something unique that all the others don't (that being Huge Head's head floating in midair, taking residence in the portal). Huge Head is happy with all the attention he's getting.
- Muscle Man
- Hi Five Ghost
- Mr. Maellard
- Huge Head
- Photographers in Park
- Other East Pines Worker
- Little Boy
- Male Model
- Model's friends
- Audrey (non-speaking cameo)
- Scabitha (non-speaking cameo)
- Johnathan Kimble (non-speaking cameo)
- Courtroom Employee (non-speaking cameo)
- Skips' resume reveals that he's been working in the park since 1800.
- When the crowds start swarming the park, it is possible to spot Audrey and a human with CJ's tank top.
- This episode confirms that wings do not only affect Benson, who is usually the only one seen drunk from them.
- The warning label on the park uniform boxes reads "Contents of this package exceed ugly index and should not be combined with other items of similar rating. Avert eyes!", which would easily explain why the uniforms were placed in separate boxes.
- In the last scene with Huge Head, a man takes a blue doll out of a box.
- This episode takes place four years after the events of the Season Two episode "Really Real Wrestling", which is probably because "Really Real Wrestling" premiered on May 2011, and "Men in Uniform" premiered in March 2015, which was four years after May 2011.
- This marks Huge Head's second-last appearance since his debut in "Really Real Wrestling."
- Huge Head reveals that he has been hiding in the park's bushes for four years, plotting his revenge against Pops.
Pop Culture References
- The name is a reference to the movie franchise 'Men in Black'.
- The logo and name of Younique is a reference to the video-sharing website, YouTube.
- The man pushed away by Muscle Man is dressed similarly to Luigi from Super Mario Bros. This includes the overalls, mustache, and green hat.
- One object shown to be sucked in by the black hole is a Three Wolf Moon shirt. This shirt is a famous internet meme.
- When the uniforms become the black hole of ugliness and everyone runs, Skips runs instead of skipping.
- Johnathan Kimble can be seen in the crowd of people chasing after the guys, despite dying prior to the events of the series.
- Although Mordecai, Rigby, and Benson do not wear clothes (especially pants), when they take off their uniforms, they remain in their underwear.