| This article is under the scope of the Actor Cleanup Project and has yet to be cleaned up to a higher standard of quality. It may contain errors, spelling, grammar and structure issues, or inconsistent formats. Reader's discretion is advised until fixing is done.|
You can help clean up this page by correcting spelling and grammar, removing factual errors and rewriting sections to ensure they are clear and concise, and moving some elements when appropriate.
|Full name:||Mark Scott Deklin-Schwotzer|
|Birth date:||December 3, 1967|
|Birth place:||Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania|
|Education:|| Pennsylvania State University|
University of Washington
|Parents:||Norman Schwotzer (adoptive father)|
Mark Scott Deklin was born in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. He was raised by his adoptive family, the Schwotzers, and later reunited with his biological mother in his 20s. He performed in the local theater while in high school. He graduated high school at Thomas Jefferson High School in 1986. He attended college at Pennsylvania State University, where he initially studied journalism before switching his major to English. He eventually graduated in 1990 with a bachelor's degree in English and History. After college he was in an English-literature graduate program but later dropped out when he decided to pursue a career as an actor. He then enrolled at the University of Washington, where he graduated with a master's degree in Acting.
He has acted on Broadway as a standby for Scar and Pumbaa on the Broadway version of The Lion King, and has done so since 1997. He is also certified as a fight coordinator with the Society of American Fight Directors, specializing in European weaponry and American thuggery. Plays he has served as a fight director include Sweet Smell of Success and Cyrano de Bergerac. He also serves as a spokesperson for Subaru.
This section may be incomplete
- "Portable Toilet" - Corporal
Deklin is a former smoker. His adoptive father is Norman Schwotzer. He resides in an undisclosed location with his wife, Jamie, who has performed on Broadway and is a singer-songwriter. Together he and Jamie have two children: a daughter, Kylie, and a son, Julian Ryder, who was born on January 11, 2013, weighing 7 lbs, 9 oz. at birth.
- Wikipedia article on Mark Deklin
- Mark Deklin's official website
- Mark Deklin's Facebook
- Mark Deklin's Twitter
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 http://www.tvguide.com/celebrities/mark-deklin/bio/255497
- ↑ http://www.tv.com/people/mark-deklin/biography/
- ↑ http://www.post-gazette.com/ae/tv-radio/2010/09/19/Fox-s-Lone-Star-gives-Mark-Deklin-steady-role/stories/201009190214
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 http://ibdb.com/person.php?id=96956
- ↑ http://www.nndb.com/people/172/000346131/
- ↑ http://www.hofstra.edu/alumni/hofmagazine/hofmag_f06_classnotes4.html
- ↑ http://celebritybabies.people.com/2013/01/23/mark-deklin-welcomes-son-julian-ryder/