|Season 2, Episode 2|
|Premiere date:|| January 3, 2011 (USA)
April 13, 2011 (UK)
|Directed by:||Mike Roth|
"It's Time" is the second episode in Season 2 (and fourteenth episode overall) of Regular Show. It first aired on January 3, 2011.
Rigby repeatedly makes Mordecai jealous when he announces his plan to go out on a date with Margaret.
A trailer of "Zombie Dinner Party", a new horror film about zombies killing people, is watched by Mordecai and Rigby at The Coffee Shop. Rigby has 2 tickets to see it while Mordecai, has 2 tickets to go see Pajama Sisters 2. Rigby doesn't want to see it stating "They're just gonna sit around talking about their feelings, "fully clothed." Mordecai still wants to watch it yet hesitates in asking Margaret if she would like to come with him to see Pajama Sisters 2 with him. Rigby suddenly interrupts and makes a joke causing Margaret to laugh, much to Mordecai's dismay. As Margaret brings their food, she brings the wrong food for Rigby, due to her being stressed out about her moving that day. Mordecai offers to help her move, as well as Rigby, who makes another joke causing Margaret laugh once again. Mordecai gets angry, which results in him kicking Rigby in the leg.
As they load the boxes into the moving truck, Mordecai tries to tell her about the tickets, but still hesitates. Rigby, once again, makes another joke, making Mordecai jealous. He then asks Margaret to see "Zombie Dinner Party" with him and she accepts, making Mordecai even more jealous.
At the house, Rigby shows Mordecai a trailer for Pajama Sisters 2, complaining that the film is "bombing" as it says so online of the reviews. Later, Rigby continues to taunt Mordecai about his date with Margaret. He taunts him with Muscle Man and beats him in a fighting video game, causing his player to save a woman and make out with her, which Rigby intends to do with Margaret. When Rigby looks at the time to see when he leaves to go on his date with Margaret, Mordecai shows Rigby that there is no battery in the watch Rigby had been wearing. Mordecai then takes all the clocks in the house (while being chased by Rigby) and shoves them in a microwave to melt them, so that Rigby won't know what time his date is. The two proceed to fight over the clocks. However, a sudden electrical surge transports Mordecai, Rigby, and the microwave through a time warp to another dimension.
Standing atop a giant microwave, they quarrel over the ordeal with Margaret. Mordecai blames Rigby for wrecking his chances to ask out Margaret, and how he had to butt in and ruin everything for him. Rigby, however, retaliates by saying that Mordecai flaked on him for some girl who doesn't know he exists. Things spiral out of control when Mordecai, completely enraged, shouts, "I'll kill you!," and pushes Rigby off the microwave, instantly killing him. Mordecai, horrified at what he's done, is taken to a flat surface. He finds an invisible sofa and an invisible door. Father Time, an ethereal entity made entirely out of clocks, comes out of nowhere and talks to Mordecai about what he's done, including being jealous, and burning all of his clocks. Mordecai apologizes for what he's done, even admitting himself that he was jealous. Father Time accepts his apology and tells Mordecai that if he ever does this again, he will be sorry. He tells Mordecai to ride the "time pony" to go back to where it started. Mordecai hops on the "time pony," which is also invisible. The "time pony" flies forward, with Mordecai riding backwards, while seeing the process of all that has happened rewind back to where it started. Mordecai goes back to the beginning of the episode when Rigby tells Mordecai that he has 2 tickets to "Zombie Dinner Party." Mordecai agrees to go this time, and then, unsuccessfully, tries to make a joke for Margaret. Rigby interrupts once again, and makes his joke, causing her to laugh again. Rigby sees Mordecai is jealous; at first, Mordecai denies this, but then stops and states that he's "maybe a little bit" jealous after realizing that time would repeat itself, thus ending the episode.
- This is Rigby's first death.
- This is the first episode aired in 2011.
- Mordecai puts several clocks in the microwave and kills Rigby during time travelling which is used as a flashback seen in Diary.
- This is the first episode of the second season where Benson and Skips are absent.
- This is also the first episode where Hi Five Ghost doesn't appear with Muscle Man.
Pop Culture References
- One of the scenes shown in the movie trailer for "Zombie Dinner Party," namely the one in which several zombie hands break through a wall in order to grab a police officer, is reminiscent of a scene from 1985's zombie movie Day of the Dead. The character of Sarah, an American researcher living in an underground military bunker, walks towards a wall in order to change the date of a calendar only to have several zombie hands burst through the wall. Both the police officer and Sarah are located in a similar white room with neon-lights. Also of note is the fact that both scenes involve sleep: the police officer is woken up by the zombies and Sarah was merely dreaming the zombie attack and is woken up from it.
- This adds on to Regular Show's list of many references to the 1980s.
- One of the clocks that makes up Father Time reads 4:20, a number popularly associated with cannabis culture.
- Steve Blum uses his "Wolverine Voice", to voice the Movie Trailer VO.
- This episodes supporting character, Father Time, appeared in Regular Show: The Movie