| This article is under the scope of the Episode Cleanup Project and has yet to be cleaned up to a higher standard of quality. It may contain errors, spelling, grammar and structure issues, or inconsistent formats. Reader's discretion is advised until fixing is done.|
You can help clean up this page by correcting spelling and grammar, removing factual errors and rewriting sections to ensure they are clear and concise, and moving some elements when appropriate.
"Go Viral" is the twenty-sixth episode in Season 2 (and thirty-eighth episode overall) of Regular Show. It first aired on July 18, 2011.
Pops is accidentally sent to the computer world during a video for a two-on-two competition between Mordecai, Rigby, Muscle Man and Hi Five Ghost.
Mordecai is arguing with Muscle Man and Hi Five Ghost about the computer sign-up schedule, but the latter pair still have five minutes that they want to spend watching viral videos. Mordecai and Rigby sit and wait while the other two watch Old Man Horseshoes, Wedgie Ninja, Road Hog, Glockenbear and others. Mordecai and Rigby make a bet with Muscle Man and Hi Five Ghost to see who can create the most popular viral video; when they fail to come up with something good by themselves, they try making a video of Pops jumping on a trampoline.
By dropping a refrigerator on the trampoline they send Pops even higher than they had hoped - so high, in fact, that he ends up porting into another dimension. Mordecai and Rigby must follow Pops into the other world to save him. This new world turns out to be the internet. Here, subjects of viral videos are trapped inside screens and forced to relive their videos on loop for all eternity.
Mordecai and Rigby see Pops faced with the Warden of the Internet, an old woman who lives inside a screen of her own. She believes that the internet should only be used for serious purposes and that viral videos are a plague whose producers and actors must be punished. She sends Pops into a screen of his own to jump on the trampoline forever.
Rigby and Mordecai must save Pops. Rigby shuts the Warden off, and he and Mordecai help all the other viral videos escape. Amidst the confusion, Pops accidentally reactivates the Warden. She is furious and begins chasing all the viral videos through the internet.
Led by Mordecai and Rigby, almost all of the viral video characters manage to escape back into the real world. However, the Warden grabs Pops' ankle, and Mordecai and Rigby struggle to help him. Wedgie Ninja suddenly appears and gives the Warden a major wedgie, stalling her while Mordecai, Rigby, and Pops escape. Wedgie Ninja sacrifices himself, the Warden landing on top of him, resulting in both of their deaths. Mordecai, Rigby, and Pops then save Road Hog, Old Man Horse Shoes, etc. from the internet.
When everyone from the internet get back to The Park, where Muscle Man and Fives are waiting, they find Rigby has caught everything on tape. Mordecai and Rigby upload it to the internet, and it gets 2,000,000 views, winning the bet, and getting the $20 from Muscle Man and Hi Five Ghost.
- Muscle Man
- Hi Five Ghost
- Warden of the Internet
- Wedgie Ninja
- Muscular Redneck
- Old Man Horseshoes
- Road Hog
Pop Culture References
This episode has many references to internet web pages and memes:
- The web page WooHoo! is a pun of the web page Yahoo!, and the fact it's a web page to watch free online videos is a parody of YouTube.
- The video where Rigby tries to scare Muscle Man popping up from a waste basket disguised as a gorilla is a reference to the YouTube video Never Scare a Black Guy.
- The Wedgie Ninja is a parody of the Afro Ninja.
- When Mordecai and Rigby enter to the internet and look the monitors around, you can see some viral videos which are references to real life YouTube memes. Some of them are:
- The Rage Guy (FFFFFUUUUUUUU-).
- Antoine Dodson from the video Bed Intruder.
- The Nyan Cat.
- Mark Krump from the video Rainbow Road.
- The Dramatic Chipmunk.
- Chris Crocker from the video Leave Britney Alone.
- Gary Brolsma, who stars the well known video Numa Numa Guy.
- David DeVore Jr. from the video David After the Dentist.
- One of the monitors has a video of a monkey playing with a frog with a love heart shown above him. This could be a reference to the viral video Monkey Rapes Frog.
- During the scene where the viral videos escape from the monitors, a character that resembles a banana can be seen. This could be a reference to the Dancing Banana from the popular YouTube video Peanut Butter Jelly Time.
- The Warden of the Internet mentions that internet should be used for writing research papers. This may be a reference to the web search pages Wikipedia and Taringa.
- Also, she says that internet can be used for keeping in touch with relatives once in a while, which may be a reference to Facebook.
- Wedgie Ninja's viral video sentenced him into the warden's prison with 78,000 views. However Muscle Man made a video with over 500,000 views and was able to maintain his freedom.