Rigby learns an ultimate martial art and becomes the bully of the park.
Mordecai and Rigby are about to play a new video game called Dig Champs on the video game system. Mordecai takes the Player 1 spot, but Rigby protests, saying that he wants to be Player 1 because Player 1 has a shovel instead of a pickaxe. They play punchies to resolve the dispute, with Mordecai winning easily. Rigby's hatred of punchies is shown via a flashback in which Muscle Man, Pops, and Skips are all seen beating him. Skips in fact beat him so badly that he required surgery on his butt, leading Mordecai and Muscle Man to call him 'the one cheek wonder'.
Rigby, angry and humiliated, runs upstairs and trashes Mordecai's side of the room. He finds ad in a phone book for a martial arts class called Death Kwon Do, which he then attends. Despite the class being intended for self-defence, all Rigby wants to use the moves for is for revenge against Mordecai, which the Sensei does not appreciate. Because Rigby isn't pure at heart, the Sensei won't give him the Death Punch page that he wants. After an argument over the Sensei's mullet, Rigby steals the death punch from the book and runs off.
After learning that he needs a mullet and cutoffs to execute the Death Punch, Rigby becomes an expert. He conquers the park with his new punch, avenging his defeats and making the park workers his slaves. Mordecai discovers the source of Rigby's powers and in response learns another Death Kwon Do move.
Mordecai challenges Rigby to another game of punchies, and Mordecai's move causes a stalemate against the punch, with the earth crumbling around them due to the force of the battle. Rigby then finds that Mordecai learnt the Death Block. As they sink deeper and deeper into the ground, Rigby is determined to keep fighting until he beats Mordecai at punchies. Mordecai then remembers how many times he beat Rigby in punchies. In order to save themselves, Mordecai pretends that Rigby won, falling onto the ground and "moaning" in pain.
Rigby is delighted to have finally won, but distraught that they are going to die in their pit, which is rapidly filling with lava. Mordecai has two moves that can get himself and Rigby out of the lava pit: the Death Dump and the Death Jump. They choose the latter and escape from the pit.
Back at the house, he lets Rigby be Player 1 in the video game they were playing earlier, Dig Champs. When Rigby loses on the first round in the first few seconds, he wants to be Player 2 instead, ending the episode.
- A sequel to this episode was released in Season 4 called "Sandwich of Death."
Pop Culture References
- During the scene where Rigby is trying to master the Death Punch, the song "You're the Best" by Joe Esposito plays. The song is from the 1984 movie "The Karate Kid".
- "Dig Champs" is a reference to the 1982 video game "Dig Dug".
- This episode received 1.980 million views.
- When Rigby was continuously Death Punching Mordecai, Muscle Man's eyes were apparently healed. During the Death Jump, his eyes were busted again.
- Right before Mordecai and Rigby were about to fight, Skips and Pops disappeared.
- The word "crappy" is changed to "cruddy".
- Rigby's mention of his "pepperonis" is changed to his "chest hairs".
- The flashback of Mordecai kicking Rigby in the crotch is replaced by a shot of him being punched earlier on in the episode.