Daniel Ray Allen "Danny" Cooksey, Jr. (born November 2, 1975) is an actor and singer, known for his roles as Sam McKinney on the sitcom Diff'rent Strokes, Bobby on the Nickelodeon series Salute Your Shorts, and for providing the voices of several characters in animated series, three of which being Montana Max on Tiny Toon Adventures, Stoop Kid on Hey Arnold! and Brad on Kick Buttowski: Suburban Daredevil, as well as being a singer for numerous bands.
Early life and career
Daniel Ray Allen Cooksey, Jr. was born on November 2, 1975 in Moore, Oklahoma, the son of Daniel Ray Allen Cooksey, Sr. and Melody Ann Wagner.
In 1980, at the age of 5, he and his mother moved to Los Angeles, California to pursue a country music career. Two years later, he sang a song on The Tonight Show at the age of 7, impressing host Johnny Carson. A talent scout took note of his talent and "precocious charm", and asked him to audition to play the role of Sam McKinney on the sitcom Diff'rent Strokes, Mr. Drummond's son from his new wife. He won the role, playing the character from 1984 to 1987.
He would then make a brief appearance in the film Terminator 2: Judgment Day, before portraying another well known role of his: bully Bobby Budnick on the Nickelodeon series Salute Your Shorts, which he portrayed from 1991 through 1992.
In addition, he has guest starred on various series, such as MacGyver.
Outside of live-action series, Cooksey has provided his voice for several animated series: as the title character in The Further Adventures of SuperTed, Montana Max in Tiny Toon Adventures and its specials, Milo Kamalani in Pepper Ann, Stoop Kid in Hey Arnold!, Keef in Invader Zim, Jack Spicer in Xiaolin Showdown, the title character in Dave the Barbarian, Django of the Dead in El Tigre: The Adventures of Manny Rivera, Brad Buttowski in Kick Buttowski: Suburban Daredevil, various characters in Pound Puppies and Peng in Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness.
Cooksey has also voice acted in film, video games and commercials, as Greg Skeens in the film Recess: Taking the Fifth Grade, reprising his role as Jack Spicer in the video game based on Xiaolin Showdown, and as Crackle in the Rice Krispies commercials.
Cooksey has been a member of the bands Bad4Good, RoadKill, Arbuckle and Lucy's Milk, serving as the lead singer for all but Arbuckle. As a member of Bad4Good, they released one album, Refugee, which was released in 1992.
This section may be incomplete
He resides in Los Angeles, California with his wife and children.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 http://www.omnilexica.com/?q=Danny+Cooksey+(voice+actor)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 http://www.filmreference.com/film/87/Danny-Cooksey.html
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 http://thefw.com/cast-of-diffrent-strokes-today/
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 http://xin.msn.com/en-us/entertainment/people/danny-cooksey/AA4jYzV
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/Danny-Cooksey/
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 http://www.sitcomsonline.com/dswhere.html
- ↑ http://www.allmusic.com/album/refugee-mw0000084063
- ↑ http://www.epilepsy.com/article/2014/3/fight-it-has-been-letter-danny-cooksey
- ↑ http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv-movies/diff-rent-strokes-gallery-1.92357?pmSlide=1.92448
- ↑ https://twitter.com/DannyCooksey