"Christmas in Space" is the twenty-third episode in Season 8 (and two hundred and fortieth overall) of Regular Show. It aired on December 1, 2016.
The guys celebrate their first Christmas in space by opening presents, eating peppermint bark and telling Christmas stories. Benson wants the stories to be more Christmas-y but the guys keep adding scary elements, which only infuriate their boss.
- Muscle Man
- Hi Five Ghost
- Celcius Snow Monsters
- Ludlow the Laser-Nosed Reindeer
- Rocker Caroler
- Geese (cameo)
- Space Santa
- Even though this is a Christmas episode it has the same plot line for the Terror Tales of the Park series, which are Halloween episodes.
- This is the last Christmas episode in the series.
- This episode confirms that Muscle Man is Jewish, as he says a Sorrenstein Hanukkah tradition. Hanukkah is the Jewish Festival of Lights.
- The opening credits has a Christmas version of the theme song from the Terror Tales of the Park series and is similar to "The Christmas Special" due to the unusual fade-in and red and green changing background.
- This episode has the same closing credits as "The Christmas Special."
- Muscle Man's Jewish heritage was shown before in "Dumped at the Altar" when he broke a glass after he and Starla were married, which is a Jewish tradition.
Pop Culture References
- The conclusion of Benson's first tale has a section from the end of "Christmas Eve/Sarajevo" by the Trans-Siberian Orchestra.
- The gunshot sound when Skips fires the cookies at the Rocker Caroler is similar to the gunshot sound of two of Scout's weapons from TF2: Force-A-Nature and Soda Popper.
- Ludlow the Laser-Nosed Reindeer is a pun on Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, the actual character which is even mentioned by Benson.
- Rocker Caroler sing the tradition Christmas song, "12 days of Christmas."
- Benson's second tale references the legend of Krampus, a horned, anthropomorphic figure in Alpine folklore who during the Christmas season scares children who have misbehaved, assisting Saint Nicholas.
- The Nielson Company accidentally lists this episode airing as part of Adult Swim, due to the episode airing at 8pm.
- This is the last Regular Show episode to air in 2016.
- When Benson is in the Kitchen the window shows the Park in the daytime instead of in space.
- When Rigby and Mordecai arrive in the fifth dimension, there is an error with the escalator scene. It shows a different Rigby and Mordecai going up the first escalator and down the third escalator. When the camera pans, alternate Rigby and Mordecai are instead going up the first escalator and down the second escalator.